It will be a very first career summit to be held in Pakistan. Air University has collaborated with Obortunity and BrightSpyre ( its industry partners) to organize this event. The summit will take place in Air University’s’ Main Campus, Islamabad on Thursday, November 15.
The summit is designed to provide career opportunities guides in CPEC project to the students. For this purpose, the University has invited experts on CPEC industry-specific training & skill building, and CPEC-driven entrepreneurship to give counseling on these topics.
According to the details released to the press, the invitees of the event include: Federal Minister for Planning, Development & Reform Makhdum Khusru Bakhtyar and Chinese Ambassador HE Yao Jing and many more conspicuous and influential high ranked position holders.
Vice Chancellor AVM (R) Faaiz Amir, in his invitation message, said that: “As the second phase of the national mega-project China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), also known as the ‘Industrial Cooperation’, is about to take shape, Air University understands that new markets are set to emerge with a number of opportunities for youth.”
CPEC project is generating massive career opportunities; this summit will bring detailed information of all the possible courses that can be adapted to avail these employment chances. The CPEC career summit is arranged especially for final year students studying in electrical, mechanical and mechanical engineering, computer science, business administration and social sciences.
High-level officials from applicable organizations and stakeholders will explain necessary academic and skill requirements effectual in rising CPEC project. “It is very important to understand that the CPEC has a unique set of requirements for recruitment purpose,” BrightSpyre Director said.
Pakistan is located at the most geographically important area of Asia. After the completion of CPEC the geostrategic position of Pakistan will rise further. CPEC project has gotten noticeable reputation in all sectors of Pakistan. It has made an impact in industrial, economical, educational, social, political and security field of Pakistan. So far, academic collaborations which are officially signed (source of official cpecinfo) to be established in Pakistan under CPEC project include:
- MoU between NUML, Islamabad, and Xinjiang Normal University, Urumqi, for cooperation on higher education
- Agreement on collaborative establishment of NUML International Center of Education (NICE) between NUML, Islamabad, Pakistan, and Xinjiang Normal University, Urumqi, China.
- Cooperation between the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Films and Television of China, and Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage of Pakistan.
- Tripartite agreement between China Central Television, PTV, and Pakistan Television Foundation, on the re-broadcasting of CCTV-NEWS/CCTV-9 documentaries in Pakistan.
- Establishment of a radio channel, FM 98-‘Dosti’ studio by PBC-CRI in Islamabad.
- Establishment of the China Cultural Center in Pakistan
- The Research & Development projects are aimed at nuancing the issues faced in the region and finding cutting-edge, win-win solutions to them.
- Establishing a joint think-tank for policy research on CPEC, called Research and Development International (RDI) under the collaborative expertise of Pakistan-China Institute (PCI), Chinese Academy for Social Sciences (CASS), and China Institute for Reforms and Development (CIRD)