Back to Top

How to Apply for Study in Sweden

The application may be slightly different to which university or college you are applying for the general procedure is as follows:

To find a comprehensive study program at the university level, we recommend that you use the database of the program.

Apply for degree courses or separate course, you should use the online application system on, it processes your request.

Closure date for applications may vary, but in general the following autumn semester, is set in mid-January, spring semester begins in mid-August. Information and application forms are available at any particular program of the institution. Respectively, admission notice sent first in March and November.

Most international students will also need to get a visa and residence permit before leaving for Sweden (students from North America or the EU / EEA countries do not need a residence permit, but must (in the case of not-Nordic EU) to register with the Swedish Migration Board upon arrival.)

Please note that it may cause some difficulties, because the time for issuing visas will be very long. You should soon receive one of the places that you have been provided notice of the results of the selection; apply for a student visa or a residence permit.

  • Text
  • Image
  • Video


Free study abroad expert advice


Sign in

to continue to


Forgot Password

to continue to


Register Type

Please Provide following information to Register

  • Student
  • College/University
  • Consultant

Ask a qusetion from a expert

Please Provide maximum information so that the best advice can be given