Scholarships in Belgium For Pakistani Students
Scholarships in Belgium
Following article will guide the students how to find different types scholarships in Belgium. Below are listed some very interesting scholarship opportunities for various kinds of subjects and disciplines for international students who intend to study in Belgium. There scholarships include:
- College and university grants
- Free scholarships – college, graduate, undergraduate, postgraduate
- Federal funding
- Student financial aid
Why study in Belgium
Two Brussels-based universities have been featured in the QS World University Rankings 2018: Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) and Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). Both of these universities are ranked within the world’s top 210.
Top Universities in Belgium
Below is the list of highly-ranked universities in Belgium for international students.
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven) – Ranked 71st in the world’s ranking 2018
- University of Ghent – Ranked 125th
- Universite Catholique de Louvain (UCL) – Ranked 153rd
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) – Ranked 182nd
- Universite Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) – Ranked 205th
CIUF-CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
These scholarships provide opportunities to international students to gain financial support in order to study in Belgium for training or research at master’s level. On average, 150 scholarships are provided to students in order to do Masters in universities in Belgium.
VLIR-UOS Scholarships for Developing Countries
This scholarship is offered to the talented students from developing countries from Africa, Asia and Latin America in order to do either training or research or study in Belgium at listed educational institutions and universities. There are two types of scholarships which are:
- Scholarships for Trainings (ITP)
- Scholarships for Master programmes (ICP)
Let’s get into some details for International master programs (ICPs). This program is accredited master program comprising of either 2 or 4 semesters and scholarships are awarded for full duration. The maximum age for basic level Masters is 35 and 40 for advanced level Masters.
Ghent University Top-up Grants
These scholarships are provided to the students from developing countries who are enrolled as new students of English-taught master’s degree program at the Ghent University in Belgium. This scholarship is not open for all the students however, it is specially designed for the new students who have enrolled in English-taught masters programs in Ghent University. The committee decides the top 3 applicants to award the scholarship.
KU Leuven Science Scholarships for International Students
The Science@Leuvenscholarship is especially designed for international students interested in getting admission in Belgium at master’s level in the faculty of science at KU Leuven. This scholarship covers following Masters’ programs:
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biology
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
- Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master in Sustainable and Territorial Development
KU Leuven IRO PhD Scholarships for Developing Countries
This scholarship is awarded to potential PhD students from developing countries aspiring to study in Belgium at KU Leuven within the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation.
- The applicant shouldn’t be a citizenship from an EU country.
- The candidate's latest master’s degree shouldn’t be more than ten years old.
- The candidate’s academic qualification should be first class division.
- There should be exceptional academic quality of the research project with a special emphasis on the development of the proposal.
- Excellent recommendation letter from relevant referees and adviser.
Get Latest Scholarships in Your Email
Get a regular scholarship alert. We'll deliver important and latest scholarships to your email