Back to Top

Intakes for Australia

Australia welcomes foreign citizens who come to their country for study. Before you apply for a visa, you must be accepted and approved by the University or program. When you are accepted then that institute will provide the necessary approval documentation to be submitted when you apply for a student visa. If you have decided to study abroad in Australia then you will need to know about the types of visa.

What Visa do you need?

There are four basic levels of Education in Australia:

  • Primary
  • Secondary
  • Vocational Education
  • Training and Higher education

Following are a few Types of Student Visa for Australia

  • Subclass 570:
  • For students undertaking English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
  • Subclass 571:
  • For students studying at primary or secondary school in approved Secondary Exchange Programs.
  • Subclass 572:
  • For Vocational Education and Training (VET) students to get Diploma/Certificate.
  • Subclass 573:
  • For Higher Education like Bachelor’s and associate degrees, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters Coursework.
  • Subclass 574:
  • For Postgraduate Research like Masters and PhD by research.
  • Subclass 575:
  • Let’s you study courses that does not lead to an Australian award.
  • Subclass 576:
  • For all types of full Courses tackled by AusAID or Defence students sponsored by the Australian Government.
  • Subclass 577:
  • It is student guardian’s visa. If student is younger than 18 years of age or needs special care in exceptional cases.
  • Subclass 578:
  • It allows fresh engineering graduates to gain up to 18 months of skilled experience. You can do anything in this time span i.e. study, work, travel etc. It is a temporary visa. However, you can try for PR afterwards.

Before You Apply for Australian Visa:

  • Check what Visa you need from above guide.
  • You have to be accepted by an Australian Educational Institute.
  • Check and collect Required Documents written below.

Required Documents toGet the Visa for Australia:

  • Original passport with one copy(s) (Passport should be valid for next six months at least).
  • Certificate of Enrolment or Letter of Offer
  • Evidence of health insurance cover.
  • Criminal record check results.
  • Receipt of fee that you have paid to university/college/institute.
  • ank statement will be required to show that you have enough money to study abroad and you can meet you expense of living too.
  • 4 passport size recent photographs
  • Original IELTS/TOEFL score report. You need at least 6.0 band score in IELTS.
  • Original educational and non–educational documents should be attested by IBCC and HEC.

How to Apply:

  • Download visa application form Australian Visa Application here online.
  • If applying online you will have to first register an account and then provide your all information along with required documents there.
  • Call for an Appointment at nearest AustralianVisa Application Centre in your city.
  • Here is a link to schedule an Appointment online.
  • Organize payment of Visa Fees. It will be submitted at Visa Centre.
  • To avoid any delay, submit all your required documents at the time of application.
  • Your biometrics will also be submitted there which includes your fingerprints and photographs.
  • Make sure you bring one extra copy for each document to avoid any misfortune in case of losing some document.
  • Be prepared for Interview! Here are some Australia Student Visa Interview Questions and tips
  • Along with this a biometric test will also be taken which includes your photographs and finger prints.
  • After fulfilling these requirement if you are successful in satisfying the Entry Clearance officer you will get your visa.

Visa Charges:

Visa Subclass Base Application Charge Applicant Charge 18 and Over Applicant Charge Under 18 Temporary Application Charge
Student visa (Subclass 500) AUD 550 AUD 410 AUD 135 AUD 700
Student visa (subsequent entrant) AUD 550 AUD 410 AUD 135 AUD 700
Student visa (subclass 500) – Foreign Affairs or Defense sector None None None None
AUD 550 None None None None
Student Guardian AUD 550 None None AUD 700


Do not present false documents. Fraud or misrepresentation can result in permanent visa ineligibility. If confidentiality is a concern, please know that the Australian Embassy or Consulate will not make your true information available to anyone and will respect the confidentiality of your information.

  • Text
  • Image
  • Video


Free study abroad expert advice


Sign in

to continue to


Forgot Password

to continue to


Register Type

Please Provide following information to Register

  • Student
  • College/University
  • Consultant

Ask a qusetion from a expert

Please Provide maximum information so that the best advice can be given