Back to Top

Latest Part Time Work in Hong Kong for Pakistani Students

jobs in hongkong

studying in abroad for exploring the world, broadening their vision and outlook, acquiring knowledge, learning and personal growth and exposure to larger career prospects. As the saying goes, ‘everything you want comes with a price tag’, similar is the case with studying in abroad, the price is certainly managing the cost of living and study on your own without support of part time jobs in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is although offering quite affordable tuition fee regardless of the credibility, acknowledgement and recognition of the degrees bestowed by the institutions there. But the living expense will certainly take a toll on you unless you have sufficient financial backup. Part time jobs are not allowed to international outside the campus, you can only do internship and traineeship that are offered by your hosting Hong Kong’s university. The procedure of Part Time jobs in Hong Kong for international students is explained in the section below:


Part Time Jobs Allowed in Hong Kong for Pakistani Students:

The education system of Hong Kong is very demanding and competitive. The merit and quality are the main focus so naturally while studying in Hong Kong; you hardly can get time from your education and grades maintenance to work part time. The government of Hong Kong has prohibited international students to take any paid or unpaid job during their academic years. But gaining professional experience and internships are integral part of higher education courses, therefore it is allowed to international students to take part internships and traineeships related to their degree and subject majors during their academic years. The perquisites of attaining part time or full time internship in Hong Kong as an international student are enumerated here: (Read Hong Kong’s Student Visa Details Here)


Internships in Hong Kong for Pakistani Students in 2021:

  • The non local students enrolled in a full time study programme (of at least one academic year) at an accredited institute of Hong Kong are allowed to take internship position related to their degree or subject majors.

  • The student should be enrolled at under gradate or post graduate level study programme.

  • The internship position must be organized or endorsed by the hosting institution of Hong Kong of the student.

  • The maximum duration of participation of students in internship programme allowed is six months.

  • The internship can be paid or unpaid there is no compulsion of that.

  • The internship permission is tagged automatically with student visa of Hong Kong, no further permission letter or permit will be required to take up internship.


On Campus Summer Jobs:

  • The international or non local students enrolled in study programme of at least 12 months duration at under graduate or post graduate level are allowed to take up on campus summer jobs.

  • The institute they are enrolled must be accredited by the government of Hong Kong

  • They can work part time 20 hours a week in on campus summer jobs.

  • The summer employment months start from 1 June to 31 August.

  • There is no average salary fixed for on campus summer part time jobs.


Post Graduation Work Permission in Hong Kong to International Students:

The Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) program allows 12 months visa to non local fresh graduates and returning graduates. If the international students who have successfully completed their degrees from an accredited Hong Kong’s institution apply for visa under Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) program within six months of their graduation are called non local fresh graduates.  The non local fresh graduates are eligible to attain a 12 months visa to stay in Hong Kong without restriction to show an employment contract. Whereas, the returning graduates are the ones who have successfully completed their degrees from an accredited Hong Kong’s institution and apply for the visa under Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) program after six months of their graduation. In this case, the returning graduates would be required to show employment contract for 12 months visa. The Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) can be extended for over 7 year duration in episodes. At first, the first extension will be granted for 1 year, the second extension will be granted for 2 years and then for 3 years.  (Read PR Visa Requirements of Hong Kong Article for Details)


To attain Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) Visa, the fresh graduates need to provide following document:

  • Form ID990A visa application

  • Recent Photograph

  • Copy of Passport

  • Photocopy of HKID Card (if applicable)

  • Photocopies of academic transcripts


For returning graduates:

  • Form ID990B visa application

  • Employment contract from Hong Kong based organization

  • Business registration certificate of employing company

  • Bank statement, salary receipts and tax return document

  • A letter explaining future business plan of the employing company if it is newly established.

  • Text
  • Image
  • Video


Free study abroad expert advice


Sign in

to continue to


Forgot Password

to continue to


Register Type

Please Provide following information to Register

  • Student
  • College/University
  • Consultant

Ask a qusetion from a expert

Please Provide maximum information so that the best advice can be given