FREE Advice

How Pakistani Students can Get Permanent Residency of Malaysia

Malaysian universities hold a very high reputation internationally because of high standards of education and quality assurance. You must have a job contract to stay in Malaysia after you graduate from there. You can stay in Malaysia temporary under three temporary passes namely: Visitor’s pass (Professional), Visitor’s pass (Temporary Employment) and Employment Pass each having its own criteria explained below:

Visit Pass (Professional)

The Visit Pass (Professional) is for those professionals who wish to stay in Malaysia for specific professional experience in short term of stay.

Application Procedure to Get PR of Malaysia 

  • The application for Visit Pass (Professional) will be submitted by employer/sponsor

  • The validity of the Visit Pass (Professional) ranges from 6 months to 12 months depending on the working condition and terms and job type.

  • The applicant of Visit Pass (Professional) if seeks professional training at factory or hotel in Malaysia the visa will be allowed for 6 months.

Who is Eligible to Apply for Visit Pass (Professional)?

  • Jockey

  • Volunteer

  • International students who is undergoing a professional training program at industry, universities, colleges, private or public schools, Embassies, Hotels and Companies

  • An individual who has an specialized in any particular skill which is considered as appropriate by Director General of Immigration, Malaysia

Visitor's Pass (Temporary Employment)

Visitor's Pass (Temporary Employment) is granted to professionals working in following approved sectors:

  • Manufacturing

  • Plantation

  • Agriculture

  • Construction

  • Services

Application Procedure:

  • The Local Centre of Approval of Ministry of Home Affairs will grant approval and pay levy

  • The application for Visa With Reference (VDR) and the Visitor’s Pass (Temporary Employment) will be applied by the employer

Documents required for Application:

  • Application letter from employer

  • Application of visa by reference form

  • Approval letter from the Ministry of Home Affairs Malaysia

  • Levy paid original receipts

  •  IMM.12 Form

  • Payment form

  • Bank Guarantee (insurance guarantee or deposit which will be valid for 18 months duration)

  • A copy of worker’s passport

  • 1 photograph of worker

  • Personal bond of employer stamped

  • Medical report of worker approved by Malaysian Health Ministry

Terms and Conditions Imposed on Holder of Visitor’s Pass (Temporary Employment)

  • The age of worker should be between 18 to 45

  • The worker is not allowed to change job without seeking permission from Ministry of Home affairs Malaysia

  • The holder of Visitor’s Pass (Temporary Employment) can work in Malaysia for 5 years

Required Documents:

  • Letter of appointment from Malaysian company

  • Application form with 1 passport size photograph of applicant (DP11 Form)

  • Acceptance letter from company or Employment contract

  • Copy of applicant’s passport


  • The applicant has to fix deposit amount of 2 million USD at Malaysian Bank for five years duration (It cannot be withdrawn before five years) is eligible to apply for investors (A 1) visa

  • Spouse and child below 18 years of age can also attain permanent residency along with applicant  after 5 years of stay in Malaysia

  • The applicant must be sponsored by one Malaysian citizen


  • The individuals having skills, talent and expertise in their profession are eligible for this type of permanent residency. The skill you have must come be recognized by international organization as “World Class”.

  • Recommendation from relevant Malaysian Agency.

  • Certificate of good conduct of character from country of origin of applicant

  • The applicant must be sponsored by one Malaysian citizen


  • The applicant must have outstanding skills in his field of profession

  • Recommendation from relevant Malaysian Agency

  • Certificate of good conduct of character from country of origin of applicant

  • The applicant must be sponsored by one Malaysian citizen

  • The applicant must have three years of working experience from Malaysian public or private company which has Relevant Agency in Malaysia certification.

Spouse of a Malaysian Citizen

  • The applicant must be married to a Malaysian citizen/national

  • The applicant had been staying in Malaysia for continuously 5 years duration and had Long Term Visit Pass issued on his/her name

  • The applicant is required to submit “Surat Akuan Perkahwinan”

  • The sponsor of the applicant must be the spouse

Meeting the Points System

The applicant has to gain at least 65 points to attain permanent residency through points based system. All foreign national including experts, investors, professional and spouse of Malaysian citizens can apply for points based immigration. The points are bestowed based on following seven factors:

  • Age

  •  Qualification

  •  Duration of stay in Malaysia

  •  Familiarity with the Malaysia Institute

  •  The values of investments

  • Working experience in Malaysia

  • Proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia

Procedure To Apply for Permanent Residency of Malaysia

  • Submit the visa application form of eligible category of permanent residency at Immigration Department of Malaysia

  • The application for permanent residency must be made in Malaysia

  • Cover letter written personally by applicant should be added with documents

  • The applicant will be asked to give an interview at the Immigration Department upon submitting visa application

  • Recommendation letter from relevant agency in Malaysia must be added with documents

  • Text
  • Image
  • Video


Free study abroad expert advice


Sign in

to continue to


Forgot Password

to continue to


Register Type

Please Provide following information to Register

  • Student
  • College/University
  • Consultant

Ask a qusetion from a expert

Please Provide maximum information so that the best advice can be given