Study in Germany
Study in Germany is a great opportunity not only for students from European countries but also for international students from over the globe. Germany has high quality educational system, learning a new language and gain experience from different culture make the country interesting.
Germany is a best place for students where they can get a bundle on opportuinities and can make their future bright with german degree in their respected fields. Germany is the most famous for study destination, and the fourth most common overall – only the UK, Australia, US and welcome more international students every year. Catch out what inspires to Study in Germany and how to pick and apply at a German university.
In the era of technology every students wished to study in foreign universities and get explore their careers. Study Abroad in Germany is more easy and cheapest in these days because mostly German Universities have off their tuition fees for local and international students.
Guide of Study in Germany will assist students regarding academic requirements, admission process, study costs, and visa process. It also includes information about how to apply for admission at German universities and intakes.
Important Questions about Study in Germany: A Guide for Pakistani Students
Best universities to study in Germany for international students?
Top ten universities in Germany for international students to study in Germany are under below:
QS World University Ranking list 2016/17
|ATechnische Universitat Munchen||Munich||60|
|Ruprecht-Karls Universitat Heidelberg||Heidelberg||66|
|Ludwig-Maximilians Universitat Munchen||Munich||75|
|Kit, Karlsruher Institute of Technology||Karlsruhe||93|
|Freie Universitat Berlin||Berlin||119|
|Humboldt-Universitat Zu Berlin||Berlin||126|
|Rheinisch-westfalische Technology Aachen||Aachen||145|
|Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen||Tubingen||173|
How much the Average tuition fee for undergraduate or post graduate courses in Germany?
International students who want to study in Germany can get their undergraduate and post graduate degree free cost. The public universities in Germany offer free degree to student’s enrolment. Students can pay only admission fee and semester admission fee, which is based on US$170 to 280. This amount is depend upon universities authorities
When we talking about Germany, there are mostly public universities and some of private universities. The fee of these private universities are based on 22,000 per year. These private universities gives very reasonable fee payment plans for student.
Master level students will pay only US$11,000 fee per semester for Public universities and pay US$34,000 per year for private German Universities.
Will it be allowed to work while I am studying in Germany?
Yes, students can work only 120 full days and 240 half days in Germany. International students with student visa can do job in Germany. There is no limitation to do job in university as student assistant or research assistant.
Where and what kind of accommodation are in Germany for international student?
German universities do not give accommodation to students. International students must arrange their accommodation to their own self and according to their living style. Multiple accommodation options exists in close the universities campuses, students can find which place is suitable for them to living during their study period in Germany.
International students can visit the Germany based accommodation websites to find out their suitable accommodation. Many organizations have Accommodation offices for international students.
- DAAD Scholarships
- Einstein International Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Heinrich Böll Scholarships for International Students
- Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers
- Kurt Hansen Science Scholarships
- Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowships (IIF) for Developing Countries
- Mawista Scholarship
- Deutschland Stipendium
- The Helmholtz Association
- Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management Doctoral Tuition Waivers
- FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme for International Researchers
- GeT MA Scholarships for International Students
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Masters Scholarships
- Hessnatur Scholarship
- HHL International MSc Scholarship for Effective and Responsible Leadership
- Humboldt University International Research Fellowships
- International Doctoral Positions at Graduate School of East and Southeast European Studies
- International PhD Fellowships at Max Planck Research School for Ultrafast Imaging and Structural Dynamics
- KAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Kiel University Doctoral Positions and Scholarships
- Kofi Annan MBA Scholarships for Developing Country Students
- Ulm University Scholarships for International Students
- RWTH Aachen University scholarships
How can I find out, my educational background will be accepted by the Germany University?
International students can contact to the universities authorities to find out that, their educational background will be accepted by the German University or not.
What’s the usual application process for Masters level courses in Germany?
Usual application process for Masters level course in Germany vary university to university. International students must have complete information about the university, its eligibility criteria for international students. If applicants have any problem to find out any information which they cannot get, visit the International office of that university. Students can contact the university authorities directly through their contact details on their official website.
Some important documents require to study in Germany:
- Higher education entrance qualification certified copy require for admission
- Grades and subject qualification with translated form
- Passport copy
- Certificates of germen and English language proficiency skills
What are the language requirements for international students to study in Germany?
Mostly, German is the language of instruction at universities in Germany. International students who are chose that which is German language, make sure you have proof anyone these German language courses.
Accepted German Proficiency tests;
- DSH (German Language University Entrance Examination for International Applicants)
- TestDaF (Test of German as a Foreign Language)
- GDS (Goethe Institut German Language Diploma)
- DSD (German Language Diploma of the Standing Conference of the Minister of Education and Cultural Affairs, Level II)
Those candidates, who coming for 1 or two semesters only, they don’t need any proof of these German test. Students who don’t have much knowledge about German language, they also have IELTS and TOEFL Certificates.
How much money will I need during my Masters level studies in Germany?
International students who want to study in Germany for Master degree, we give you the rough idea about, how much money you will need to complete this master degree in Germany. Master level students will pay only US$11,000 fee per semester for Public universities and pay US$34,000 per year for private German Universities.
Germany is a quite reasonable country where you will need around 800 EUR per month, plus living cost, which also is the biggest expenditure you will have to live in that country.
Where do I apply for my student visa?
International students can contact with the local German Embassy or consulate in home country and apply from there for student visa. The cost of student’s visa for Germany is based on US$65.
Follow these steps to apply for German Student Visa
International students must apply 3 month before for student visa. Students must have some important documents such as application form completed, Passport, photographs, German University acceptance letter, Transcript, German/English language Certificate, bank statement which is based on US$8,670, health insurance, and authenticity declaration documents submitted. When students will reached to Germany, they will have to apply for residence permit.
CONSULTANTS FOR GermanyView All
+92-309 4420 900
4C, Block D, Facing Canal Road, Near New Campus, New Muslim Town, Lahore
Office No. 1014 Al Hafeez heights Main Boulevard Gulberg Lahore
Plaza no 102. G block phase. 1 Defence Housing Authority, Lahore
5/10 The Mall Near AWT Plaza